Hello from Meliz's Kitchen!


Ok, so I've been meaning to start this blog for a while. For a very long while. In fact, ever since I first posted a picture of one of my meals, entitled 'Tonight from Mel's Kitchen' to Facebook on Saturday 18th May 2011. It was a freshly prepared meal of salt beef, hot potato latkes, homemade coleslaw, chopped salad and all of the yummy extras that make for a scrummy Jewish lunch; my beautiful late cousin's favourite meal that I cooked for him. Ever since then I have been sporadically uploading photos of my dishes to my Facebook page, all of which seem to have generated a teeny bit of interest in what I do in my kitchen.  'Meliz's Kitchen' has turned into a pretty funky hobby/obsession of mine, which was noticed by my lovely friend S who decided to set up the blog as a rather cool maternity leave present for me. Now that my little R is 5 and a half months old, I have finally decided to put my fab pressie to good use. Meliz's Kitchen is finally here!

 I have a few humble strings to my bow; musician, wife, mum, singer, secondary school teacher...and, I guess, a bit of a cook. I'm not trained in anyway...I just like to cook. I don't really do 'measuring', which is why I'm definitely a 'savoury' and 'main' kind of girl. Me and baking have never really been the best of friends, and it often ends I'm tears. One day, however, I hope to overcome our issues and surprise you all. Thankfully, my husband is quite partial to fruit salad for dessert...

Our household is an electic haven of British, Turkish Cypriot and Jewish culture, and this is often reflected in my cooking. In particular, my own Turkish Cypriot heritage heavily influences my dishes, and you will find my own take on traditional Cypriot recipes on the blog. Most importantly, however, a lot of the recipes I'll be posting on here will be for dishes that can be prepared in advance or very quickly. For me, this is vital, as it means I can prepare a delicious and nutritious evening meal either while bubs is napping, or being occupied in the kitchen. Before I know it, my little man will be helping me out, no doubt. It really is true when people say that it all goes too, too quickly...

Anyway, here goes...I really hope you enjoy what you see (and try out) from 'Meliz's Kitchen', and promise to post lots of interesting recipes for you all. 

Afiyet olsun!

Comments

  1. I would love to see and try your latke recipe! please post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dani - thanks for following! I'll post my two latke recipes very soon - they're both equally yummy!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts