Karalahana Çorbası (Black Sea Cabbage / Kale Soup)


Based on the Kara Deniz’li (Black Sea) Karalahana Çorbası this is my (slightly less traditional) version of a deliciously wholesome recipe, where I have swapped the regional (Black Sea) cabbage for kale and have also added carrots and celery. Like any soup or stew, this tastes even better when it is left to settle before serving (patience is a virtue and a hungry person’s nemesis) and will inevitably taste better the next day. Full recipe on my blog, link in bio. 

Ingredients


1.5l boiling hot water

1 chicken or vegetable stock cube 

1 tsp salt

150g fresh kale, finely shredded and stalks removed (stalks can be finely chopped and added to the other finely chopped vegetables)

2 tbsp olive oil

15g butter 

1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped 

250g white potatoes, peeled and finely chopped

200g carrots, peeled and finely chopped

1 celery stick, finely chopped

2 garlic cloves, finely grated 

1 tbsp tomato purée 

1 tbsp tatlı biber salçası (Turkish sweet red pepper paste) 

1/2 tsp pul biber 

1/2 tsp coarse black pepper

40g fine cornmeal 

1 x 400g can borlotti beans, drained and washed


Method


Place the stock in a large pan on a high heat, add half of the salt, bring to the boil, add the kale then turn down to a simmer. 


Add the olive oil to a large frying pan on a medium heat, once hot, add the butter, and once melted, add the onion and the remaining salt, and soften for 10-12 minutes. Stir in the tomato and pepper pastes, pul biber and black pepper, stir really well until the onions are coated in the pastes, then add the rest of the chopped vegetables (apart from the garlic). Turn the heat down a little and soften the vegetables for a good few minutes until they are jammy and ever so slightly caramelised. Add the garlic to the pan, stir well for 30 seconds or so until the garlic releases its aroma, then sprinkle in the cornmeal, continuing to stir.


Add 3-4 ladlefuls of the stock from the kale pan to the frying pan, stirring to loosen the vegetables and dissolve the cornmeal, then carefully pour everything from the frying pan into the kale pan. Stir well, add the borlotti beans, stirring again, bring up to the boil and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.


Turn the stove off, take the pan off the heat, pop the lid on and let the soup sit for at least 30 minutes for all the flavours to settle before serving. Traditionally served with cornbread. 

Comments

  1. Get rid of all kinds of Herpes with Natural Root and Herbs, I was once infected with Herpes Genital Warts and after using Dr Enato herbal Medicine for a couple of weeks I couldn't trace it anymore, I even went for a checkup and there my test came out Negative. Get Your cure today from his herbal medicine contact, dr.enatoherbalcure@gmail.com or WhatsApp {+2348071351544}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am from California USA I was diagnosed of HERPES Virus in 2016 and I have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medication to cure all kind of diseases including HERPES virus, at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try , when i contact this herbalist via his email and he prepared a HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via UPS delivery company service, when i received this herbal cure, he gave me step by directions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed, i was totally cured of this deadly virus within 14days of usage, I am now free from the deadly virus called herpes, all thanks to doctor UMA, Contact this great herbal doctor via his email dr.umaherbalcenter@gmail.com call or whatsapp him on his mobile number +2347035619585
    He also have the herb to cure:
    (1) LOSS OF TASTE AND SMELL,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV/AIDS,
    (4) PENIS ENLARGEMENT,
    (5) PREGNANCY,
    (6) DIABETES,
    (7) EX BACK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been suffering from Herpes for the past 1 years and 8 months, and ever since then i have been taking series of treatment but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. voodoo on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him as well. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which i took according .to his instructions. When i was done taking the herbal medicine i went for a medical checkup and to my greatest surprise i was cured from Herpes. My heart is so filled with joy. If you are suffering from Herpes or any other disease you can contact Dr. voodoo today on this Email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him on +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOIN ILLUMINATI HOME OF RICHES,FAME AND POWER,FROM ANY COUNTRY, call or what'sapp +2348114880069 for quick response

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:24 am

    THIS IS A "MUST READ" FOR ALL NFT / CRYPTO CURRENCY SCAM VICTIMS AND EVERYONE BATTLING WITH POOR CREDIT SCORE.

    WHAT IS THE TENDENCY OF ACTUALLY GETTING BACK LOST NFT's OR FUNDS LOST TO CRYPTOCURRENCY SCAM? ABSOLUTELY POSSIBLE. DO YOU DESIRE CREDIT REPAIR?(TRANSUNION, EQUIFAX, EXPERIAN)? YOU MUST CONTACT THE RIGHT AGENCY TO ACHIEVE THIS. www.recoveryprecinct.com

    Recovery Precinct is a financial regulator, private investigation and funds recovery body. We specialize in cases concerning ethical hacking, cryptocurrency, FAKE investment schemes and recovery scam. We are also experts in credit repair.

    Visit www.recoveryprecinct.com now and fill the contact form to report your case, our agents will reach out to you within 24hours or contact our support team via the contact information below to get started.

    📪 recoveryprecinct@gmail.com

    Stay Safe !

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly a decent and enlightening, containing all data furthermore greatly affects the new innovation. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing it click here digital marketer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just experience the wonders of Dr Zico herbs. Nature will continue to bless you Dr Zico more abundantly for the good work you are doing in peoples life by curing them from different type of diseases. I will keep on testifying about your good work. I was living with diabetes type 1, 6 months ago and my doctor told me that there is no cure. I did not believe him and i kept my faith up hoping that one day i will be cured from this horrible disease. One day i saw a post on diabetes forum about a herbal doctor called Dr Zico on how he cured people from diseases with his root and herbs and i quickly contacted Dr Zico on his email and explained my problem to him and he told me not to worry that he is going to cure me and truly he prepared the herbal medicine and sent it to me through UPS and gave me instructions on how to take it. After three weeks of taken the herbal medicine , i went to my doctor for checkup and my diabetes result show Negative and my doctor told me that there is no trace of diabetes in my body and the diabetes is completely gone. If You are out there with any form of sickness or problem,you can also be cured from any type of diseases by contacting Dr Zico on his Email: zicoherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr odoma cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr odoma the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348100649947 or email: drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr odoma that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : drodomasolutionhome20@gmail.com?. or WHATSAPP +2348100649947 visit
    (facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Drodomaherbalmedicine/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vcosucrus-do Jordan Shamoon software
    there
    nalematme

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your thoughtfulness and thoroughness contributed to speeding up my healing process. I wonder what could have become of me if you weren’t the one who handled my case. Thank you for curing my HSV1/2, Contact DR.AKHIGBE on email drakhigbeherbalhome5@gmail.com or WhatsAAP him +2349021374574

    ReplyDelete
  11. The world is astonished by the rate of poverty all over the globe, therefore Axis Capital Holdings Company is offering a loan to individual, Group of person's and companies with 2% interest rate. Email for more details axiscapitalholdings@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous7:14 pm

    After 7yrs in marriage trying to conceive and fibroid was getting over my life. In the end it's my greatest joy, after the help of Dr Agumba I fell pregnant. I'm recommending everyone out here who is trying to get pregnant no matter the conditions that delay your pregnancy, either physical or spiritual problems holding your womb. you should also contact Dr Agumba there will be a greater testimony for you. > email or whatsapp call... dragumbasolutioncenter@gmail.com +2349032173881 .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts